Your Shaw Direct receiver is unresponsive to both remote control and front panel commands or your receiver appears frozen (with or without video on the screen).
Possible Causes and Solutions
- Check to be sure that your remote is in the proper source mode. Press the SAT button on your Shaw Direct remote control and try to change the channels on your Shaw Direct receiver.
- Ensure that your television set is turned on. Press the power button on the front panel of your receiver. You should see a green light appear on the front of your receiver.
- Go to the front of your Shaw Direct receiver and hold in the power button on the front panel for 30 seconds and release. Your receiver will reset. You will see the lights on the front of your unit blink slightly denoting that the unit is being reset. Please wait approximately 3 minutes for your on-screen guide to reload.
- Unplug your receiver from power for 2-3 minutes and then plug the unit back in. Please wait a few minutes and then power the unit back up using the front panel or your remote. The on-screen guide will reload after 3 or 4 minutes.
- If your unit only lights up with a red light, does not light up at all or does not respond to pressing the power button, give us a call at 1.888.554.7827 and we'll help you get back to watching your favourite TV shows in no time.
Still having trouble with your Shaw Direct receiver? Please give us a call at 1.888.554.7827 and one of our skilled Technical Service Representatives will be happy to assist you in doing additional troubleshooting.