- Can I watch my order on more than one TV at the same time?
- I can't see any content from a specific network. How do I submit a Shaw Direct On Demand content request?
- My Internet connection isn't fast enough for Shaw Direct On Demand. Can I buffer or download the content first and watch it later?
- Can I pause, rewind, or fast forward Shaw Direct On Demand content?
- Can I restrict access to certain content with Shaw Direct On Demand?
- Can I limit the amount of bandwidth I use with Shaw Direct On Demand?
- Can I connect my satellite receiver wirelessly?
- Can I access Shaw Direct On Demand outside of Canada?
- I have an HDPVR 630. Can I record Shaw Direct On Demand content?
- Why am I experiencing slower speeds on the "Connection speed test" than expected?
No, you can only watch your order on one TV at a time. However, you can watch your order on your TV in your living room and stop watching, and then continue from the same place on a different TV in your home.
I can't see any content from a specific network. How do I submit a Shaw Direct On Demand content request?
You can submit VOD content a request of content by using the Contact Us form and selecting "New Channels" as the subject.
My Internet connection isn't fast enough for Shaw Direct On Demand. Can I buffer or download the content first and watch it later?
No, it is not possible to buffer or download Shaw Direct On Demand content for viewing later.
All Shaw Direct On Demand content can be paused and resumed using the "pause" and "play" buttons on your remote control. With paid programming, you can rewind using the "skip back" button or move ahead using the "skip forward" buttons.
"Absolute jump" allows you to use the number keys to enter the time you want to jump to, followed by the "play" key. "Absolute skip" allows you to use the number keys to enter the number of minutes you want to advance or reverse, followed by "skip forward" to move forward or "skip back" to move backwards.
Please be advised that some content may have restrictions regarding skipping forward or backward.
If you stop watching content midway through, you will resume at the same point the next time you access the content, even if you switch to watch your order on a different device.
Yes, Shaw Direct On Demand provides parental control options, including ratings locks and purchase controls. All existing ratings locks will apply to Shaw Direct On Demand content in the same way it applies to broadcast content. By accessing "VOD Settings" from the VOD menu bar, you can also enable or disable access to free content, set a 24-hour purchase limit or set bandwidth controls.
Shaw Direct On Demand provides the ability to limit bandwidth consumption.
No, it is not possible to use a USB wireless adapter, 4G Wireless stick, or any other USB-based device to connect your Shaw Direct satellite receiver to the Internet.
Products which enable connectivity via an Ethernet port, such as a wireless media bridge, are technically capable of getting your satellite receiver online, however, due to the wide range of setup processes and number of factors affecting wireless performance, Shaw is not able to support this connection method.
No, Shaw Direct On Demand is only available within Canada.
No, VOD licensing prevents the ability to make any copies of the content. However, all orders are available for unlimited viewing for 24 hours after you have placed your order.
There are a number of factors to consider when interpreting the results of the connection speed test.
- The "Connection speed test" is just a snapshot of the speed at the moment the test was run.
- Heavy network traffic either in your home or outside may lower test results.
- Satellite receivers will not match the speeds on a PC or laptop.
- The "Connection speed test" does not measure how fast your Internet is, only how fast your satellite receiver is able to download content from the Shaw Direct On Demand network.
- If you are using a wireless connection, the speed test results will be reduced.
For the most accurate "Connection speed test", ensure that no other devices in your home are consuming large amounts of bandwidth while the speed test is running.
If you have ongoing connection speed issues, Contact Us with your account information and your Internet Service Provider.