The TV or receiver is off
Verify that your TV and receiver are both turned on. Your Shaw Direct receiver will show a green or red light on the front panel depending on model. Some TVs display a light when they are off, while others display the light when they are on. This will vary by model of TV.
The receiver is on a channel that is displaying a black screen
- Try changing channels.
- If the screen is still black after trying couple different channels, press the ENTER/OK button on the Shaw Direct remote to see if program information pops up on the screen.
- If so, the TV is on the right input. Try changing the channel to verify video is available.
- If a different button than SAT glows when pressing remote keys, press the SAT button and try again.
- If no buttons glow, replace the batteries in the remote.
Cable or connection issue
- Ensure all the cable cords are securely connected.
- Try switching the cable with another set of the same cable type.
- Try a different cable connection.