Your television only displays a black screen with a text banner that states 'Acquiring Satellite Signal. Please wait.'
- Your satellite system is not connected properly.
- Your satellite dish has moved or become blocked and is no longer picking up signal from the satellite.
- This commonly indicates that you have lost your satellite signal temporarily. This can occur with the onset of extreme weather conditions such a very heavy rainfall that blocks the sky completely or snowstorm that has covered the dish entirely in snow.
- Make sure that the coaxial cable running from your satellite dish is fully connected to the back of your Shaw Direct receiver.
- If the line has been cut or contains any extraneous splitters it can cause the coaxial cable from the dish to wear out or not work. Check the line for any splitters or couplers which look disconnected, unneeded or burnt out.
- Ensure that all of your satellite feeds are still connected at the satellite dish and tighten any loose connections.
- If you are experiencing a very heavy rainfall or notice very thick storm clouds directly in front of your dish, please wait a few minutes for the clouds to pass and your signal will return shortly.
- If you have been experiencing a significant snowfall and your dish is you have access to do so, carefully remove any excess snow from the face and arm of the dish. Be careful not to move the dish when you brush it off and your signal will return very quickly.
- If you have a multi-switch, make sure that the unit hasn't been unplugged or disconnected.
- If your dish is loose and now misaligned, you will need to have an installer re-adjust the dish before you can receive proper signal. Give Shaw Direct a call at 1.888.554.7827 to book a service call.
- If there is something blocking your dish such as a large tree or your neighbor’s new home addition this may be preventing your dish from operating properly. Try moving the blocking object if possible.