Multi-user mode is a profile-based system, where up to 8 unique profiles can be created for different members of your household, each with their own preferences applied at login.
Each profile can have its own restrictions, including rating locks and purchase limits. With multi-user mode, you can only unlock programs by switching to a profile with less restrictive settings, you cannot unlock on a program-by-program demand basis.
- The current profile can be changed at any time by pressing FAV on your remote
- Each profile can have its own unique PIN
- For your convenience, there are varying default settings for different profile types (Child versus Teen for example)
- User profiles can be copied to a USB key and applied to multiple receivers
Note: Multi-user mode is activated by default on your receiver. For users without the need for profiles, the default experience effectively makes profiles invisible as full access is granted to the system with no restrictions.
Parental restrictions that can be customized for each user profile include:
- Ratings locks
- Access to Adult content
- Ability to order Free VOD orders
- Daily VOD purchase limit ($ value)
- Auto-Logout duration
- PVR Permissions (ability to schedule new recordings, delete existing recordings, etc.)
Preferences that can be customized for each user profile include:
- Onscreen language
- Closed captions display and settings
- Descriptive video
- Customized channel list
- Font size and Guide program coloring style
- Unsubscribed channels in Guide (Show or Hide)
- Caller ID notifications (if available)
- Automatic prompt to delete recordings