Some Shaw Direct receivers have the capability of receiving remote commands across large distances and through walls using their UHF antenna. To keep these remotes from interfering with each other it’s possible to set a custom remote address for the remote. See “ receiver changing channels on its own” for more information.
For the receiver to accept any remote address other that 000, you will need to change the corresponding address on the receiver.
To change the address, go to "Menu", then "Preferences", expand "Hardware Settings" and select "Remote Control Address".
- Press and hold "ENTER" and "MUTE", until the mode buttons flash in rotation.
Enter the remote code:
- Press ENTER. The mode buttons should flash twice.
- Press Guide to confirm the code was successful.
After entering one of the above codes, press the "POWER" button to see if the receiver turns off. If not, repeat steps 1-3 using a different code, until the receiver does respond.
Scanning Programming Method for Other Devices
- Ensure the device you want to control is powered on.
- Press and hold "ENTER" and "MUTE" until the mode buttons flash in rotation.
- While aiming the remote at the device, press and hold the "UP" arrow button until the device turns off.
- Press "MUTE", once. Device should power back on.
- If it doesn't, turn the device back on manually and repeat steps 3 and 4.
- Press "ENTER" to lock in the code if the device turned on.
- Test "VOLUME +/-" and "POWER" on/off to ensure you do not have a partial code.