Some receivers are ultra high frequency (UHF) capable, which allows them to receive remote commands when the remote does not have a direct line of sight to the receiver. If two UHF enabled receivers are in close distance to each other, the remotes may control the incorrect receiver - you can set a custom remote address to prevent this. See my receiver changes channel on its own for more information.
Both your receiver and remote need to be changed to a new address in order to keep them tied together.
To set a new address using your IRC600 or URC600 remote:
- Press MENU on your remote, select "Preferences", expand "Hardware Settings" and scroll down to "Remote Control Address".
- Select a code from the below list
- Press "SAT" on your remote and hold until the mode buttons flash (they will stop when SAT is released).
- Enter the same three digit code on the remote as you selected on your receiver.
- The "SAT" button should flash twice.
Programming your TV other devices - scanning method
To have your Shaw Direct remote control other devices, such as your TV:
- Ensure the device you want to program the remote for is powered on.
- Press and hold the device key (TV or AUX) until the mode buttons flash at least three times.
- Press "9, 9, 1" - the device key should blink twice.
- Press "CH+" once per second until the device turns off. If you pass the correct code, press CH- to scan backwards.
- Press the device key (TV or AUX) to lock in the code. The device key should blink twice.
- Press 'POWER" to verify the device turns on/off.
- Test "VOL+/-" and "POWER" on/off to ensure you do not have a partial code.