- You don't have to pay for services you aren't enjoying while you're on vacation.
- A seasonal break is a no cost service.
- Your services are automatically reconnected for you on a date of your choosing.
What is a Seasonal Break?
Seasonal Break benefits
Eligibility and guidelines
- Your services must be suspended for a minimum of 14 days, but no more than 180 days (6 months).
- You can only have your services suspended for a maximum of 180 days per 12 months.
- An automatic reconnection date must be provided.
- The balance on the account cannot be overdue - requests will not be processed until the account is paid in full.
- Promotional discounts and any grandfathered programming packages will not be re-added upon reconnection.
- Seasonal break requests made online require a minimum of 24 hours advance notice.
- Immediate seasonal break requests, or for changes or cancellations to your existing seasonal break can be made by speaking to a Customer Advisor. Please contact us for more information.
Seasonal Break support
If your services are not working as expected on the date of reconnection, please see: My Receiver says not authorized or not subscribed.
If you have a signal, but see a "Your authorization has expired" or "Subscription required" message on your TV screen, you need to visit My Shaw Direct for easy step-by-step instructions on how to refresh your receiver.