You will need:
- Home router - allows for multiple computers and devices to connect to your Internet connection. You need at least one free Ethernet port on your router for a connection to your satellite receiver.
- Shaw Direct 6XX receiver - HDDSR 600, HDDSR 605 or HDPVR 630 are all equipped to access Shaw Direct On Demand
- High-speed Internet - your Internet connection must be capable of connecting to our servers at a minimum of 1.75 Mbps downstream for standard definition (SD) titles, and 5.0 Mbps for high definition (HD) titles.
- Ethernet cable - also known as a Network cable, Cat5e cable or Cat6 cable. An Ethernet cable may have been included in your Shaw Direct 6XX receiver box, or you can pick one up from an electronics or office supply store.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into a free port of your home router, or an Ethernet wall jack.
- Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on the back of your satellite receiver.
- Proceed to the Verify Your Connection steps below.