How to use Chromecast with the BlueCurve TV app
OverviewCasting allows you to stream (or cast) content from the BlueCurve TV app to your TV screen, using your mobile device or Chrome browser as a remote control. You can stream from the BlueCurve TV mobile or web apps to a Chromecast enabled TV over any WiFi connection within Canada.
This feature will work with any Chromecast enabled TV. Be sure that your mobile device and BlueCurve TV apps have the latest updates installed.
|BlueCurve TV app versions||Chromecast devices||Mobile devices|
Access from the BlueCurve TV mobile app
- Open the BlueCurve TV app on your mobile device.
- Tap the hollowed out cast icon in the header of the app.
- A list of available devices is shown. Tap the device you want to stream to.
- Once connected, the casting icon appears solid.
- Choose a program to watch and it'll play on the selected device. Use your mobile device as a remote for playback controls.
- To stop casting, tap the cast icon again and select Stop Casting.
Did you know: While casting content, you can browse through the guide or library for another show to watch, without disrupting the stream.
Access from the BlueCurve TV web app
- Sign in to http://bluecurvetv.shaw.ca using the Chrome browser on a computer.
- Select a program to watch.
- Hover your mouse over the player to see the controls.
- A hollowed out cast icon is shown to the left of the Mini-Player button, and next to the Search field at the top right of any page (For You, All Channels, etc.).
- Click the cast icon, and a list of available devices is shown. Click the device you want to stream to.
- Once connected, the cast icon will appear solid and your program will play on the selected device. Use your browser as a remote for playback controls.
- To stop casting, click the cast icon again and select Stop Casting.