My receiver is not responding to my remote control
ContentsVerify remote control functionality Establishing remote connectivity Remote control challenges
OverviewLearn what causes your receiver to stop responding to your remote and how to fix it.
Verify remote control functionality
First, we must ensure the remote is working.
- Press SAT button on your remote.
- Press any buttons and check if SAT button lights up.
- If the SAT button lit up, your remote is working fine.
- If the AUX or TV buttons lit up, press the SAT button again.
- If nobuttons lit up, replace your remote's batteries.
When you press any buttons and the SAT button is lighting up, your remote is functional. Proceed to the next step.
Establishing remote connectivity
Now that we’ve verified the remote is functional, please ensure:
- you’ve unplugged the receiver for 30 seconds, then plugged it back in.
- there is a clear line of sight between you and receiver.
- your TV is on the correct source.
- you have clicked the SAT button on your remote.
Now, try changing the channels using the numbers (0-9) or CH- or CH+ buttons on the remote.
- If channels are changing, you should have no further issues.
- If your receiver is not reacting, click here to attempt to reprogram your remote control.
Remote control challenges
If no buttons light up or if some buttons are not working anymore, even after trying batteries, the remote might be defective. You may need to replace it.
Click here to purchase a new remote.