Do you see a black box on top of your programs and on-screen Guide?
This is usually caused by a setting enabled on your TV, like:
- Closed captioning (CC)
- Picture-in-Picture feed
The black box is intended to contain closed captioning text, which can appear blank on certain channels.
There are two easy ways to remove this box:
- Find the CC button on your TV remote (not your Shaw Direct remote)
- Keep pressing it until CC is turned off.
The menu terms might be different for every TV.
- In your TV menu, go to Language/Accessibility option.
- Look for Closed Captioning/Picture-in-Picture.
- Once you found it, disable the function.
Note: If you cannot find these options, please consult your TV user manual or TV manufacturer for more information about this issue.