How to Transfer Recordings from one PVR to another
OverviewYou recorded that awesome show on your bedroom's PVR and later on, want to watch it with your family and friends in the living room. You could bring the bedroom's PVR into the living room but what if there was a better way? You could simply transfer that recording from one PVR to another. Follow the steps below to transfer your recordings from one PVR to another.
Before you begin
Before you begin transferring your PVR recordings from one PVR to another, keep the following items in mind:
- This process only applies to DVR 830 units. DVR 630s do not have the capabilities to do recording transfers.
- Both DVR 830s need to be connected to WiFi.
(Note: PVR or Personal Video Recorder is sometime referred to as a DVR or Digital Video Recorder)
Steps to transfer recordings
Follow the steps below to transfer your Shaw Direct PVR recording from one PVR to another:
- Press OPTIONS then 7 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 8 (PVRMV) on the Shaw Direct remote control of the receiver you are transferring to.
- From the menu, select the receiver you want to transfer the recordings from.
- Use the checkboxes to select the recordings you want to transfer.
- Press the green B button on the remote to initiate the transfer.
- While the transfer is ongoing, you can exit this screen and watch TV, playback a recording from the PVR menu, or playback Video-On-Demand content.
- At any time during the transfer, you can check the progress by going back into the transfer menu using OPTIONS then 7 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 8 (PVRMV).