Troubleshooting guide to missing recorded programs
ContentsRecording conflict Incorrect guide information Hard drive related issues Signal level Authorization
OverviewYour HDPVR may miss recordings for different reasons, varying from scheduling issues to a technical issue. Learn how to fix issues around missing recorded programs with this troubleshooting guide.
There are a number of reasons why recordings may be missed, including issues with:
A recording conflict happens when the number of requested recordings exceeds the available tuners on the set-top box. HDPVRs can record a maximum of two programs simultaneously, or only one if you're operating in Single Tuner Mode (you have only one coax cable coming from your dish).
With Smart Recording, your HDPVR will attempt to reschedule any conflicts, when another airing that meets your set parameters is available. To ensure maximum flexibility, we recommend leaving the default recording options when setting a new recording event.
Upcoming recording conflicts will be displayed in the PVR Upcoming screen:
- Press "MENU" on your remote, navigate to PVR and select PVR Upcoming.
- Press "B" on your remote to show or hide conflicts
- Conflicts will be highlighted in orange.
- Press "C" to View Upcoming Air dates on a program that will not be recorded due to a conflict.
- Select a different recording date, which should immediately be reflected in PVR Upcoming.
Note: Some programs run past traditional end times, such as a show that airs from 9 - 10:01 pm. This could cause a conflict if you have two programs set to record at 10 pm.
Incorrect guide information
Most programs have detailed episodic data, specific to that particular episode of that show, which flags the HDPVR to record it as a new airing. However, sometimes these details may be missing, which can cause your HDPVR to skip the recording.
The workaround to this scenario is to set a recording for "All episodes" but on "Ch. X only" (1 single channel only)
1. Press "OPTIONS", "4", "7" (System Status).
2. The channel number will show up in parenthesis on either Line C or Line E, along with the current signal.
3. If your ecb/no is under 7, please call technical support for assistance.