A recording conflict happens when the number of requested recordings exceeds the available tuners on the receiver. HDPVRs can record a maximum of two programs simultaneously, or only one if you're operating in Single Tuner Mode (you have only one coax cable coming from your dish).
With Smart Recording, your HDPVR will attempt to reschedule any conflicts, when another airing that meets your set parameters is available. To ensure maximum flexibility, we recommend leaving the default recording options when setting a new recording event.
Upcoming recording conflicts will be displayed in the PVR Upcoming screen:
- Press "MENU" on your remote, navigate to PVR and select PVR Upcoming.
- Press "B" on your remote to show or hide conflicts
- Conflicts will be highlighted in orange.
- Press "C" to View Upcoming Air dates on a program that will not be recorded due to a conflict.
- Select a different recording date, which should immediately be reflected in PVR Upcoming.
Note: Some programs run past traditional end times, such as a show that airs from 9 - 10:01 pm. This could cause a conflict if you have two programs set to record at 10 pm.