How to move your Shaw Direct Service to a new address
Move your Shaw Direct service to your new home. Our Move Program is designed to help customers move their Shaw Direct satellite service to the new address.
Let us know when and where you are moving, and we will help make moving as easy as possible.
Book your Move
Before your move date, please contact us with your move details and we will take care of transferring your TV service to your new address.
Please provide us:
- Your new address: Provide us your new address with postal code. Inform us of any special considerations. Please give us at least two weeks’ notice before your move. If you are moving to a rural area, we need three weeks’ advanced notice. This will ensure us to get a technician for your desired date.
- Dates: The day you are leaving the old address and the day you need service connected at your new address. We can book up to 4 weeks in advance.
- Phone Number: A phone number to get in touch with you during the move.
To make moving Shaw Direct service as easy as can be, we have put together a checklist to make sure everything goes smoothly. Feel free to keep a copy of the checklist on your phone or print it out to bring with you. Small things are easy to forget on the big day, let's make sure you have all the essentials covered.
Click the image above to download the Shaw Direct Moving Checklist PDF
Prepare for your installation
To make the installation process easy and convenient for you on the day you are getting connected, please ensure:
- Someone over 18 is home for the duration of the installation.
- Sign up for SMS text arrival reminders and updates, including when the tech is on their way.
- Unpack your Shaw Direct receivers and have all accessories including power cord, remote control, and HDMI cable ready.
- Don't block outlets with furniture.
- If you are moving to a rental property, please get the Letter of Permission from the landlord/Building Management to install satellite dish.
What are the different ways can I schedule my move?
- Visit Shaw Direct Move Program for our contact options. You can contact us on phone, or message us online.
How far in advance should I book my move?
- 2-4 weeks notice is recommended to ensure we can schedule the exact time and date that works for you.
Do I need to bring my satellite Dish to the new address?
- You do not have to bring the satellite dish with you. You should only bring your receivers and accessories including the remote control, power cord and HDMI cable to your new address.
Can I make changes to the appointment after I book it?
- If you need to reschedule your move, please contact us before the move date and one of our representatives will assist you in rescheduling your move.
What if I need to cancel service?
- We are sorry to hear that you would like to leave Shaw Direct. Cancellation of service must be done by the account holder or the fully authorized person. Please contact us at 1-888-554-7827 and one of our customer account specialists will assist you.