- You don't have to pay for your services while you're on vacation.
- A seasonal break is a no cost service.
- Your services are automatically reconnected for you on a date of your choosing.
What is a Seasonal Break?
Did You Know?Upon returning from your seasonal break, if you see a message such as: “Your authorization has expired” or “A subscription is required” on your TV, you will need to refresh your receiver.
Learn more: How to refresh your receiver
Seasonal Break benefits
Eligibility and guidelines
- Your services must be suspended for a minimum of 14 days, but no more than 180 days (6 months).
- You can only have your services suspended for a maximum of 180 days per 12 months.
- An automatic reconnection date must be provided.
- The balance on the account cannot be overdue - requests will not be processed until the account is paid in full.
- Promotional discounts and any grandfathered programming packages will not be re-added upon reconnection.
- Seasonal Break requests made online require a minimum of 24 hours advance notice.
- If you need to request an immediate Seasonal Break or for changes to your existing Seasonal Break, please chat with us online.
Seasonal Break technical support
On the date your services are scheduled to be reconnected:
- Make sure your receiver and TV are plugged in and turned on.
- Go to a channel you like to watch.
- If you see a TV show, you're all set.
If you have a signal, but see one of these messages "Your authorization has expired" or "A subscription is required" on your TV screen, visit My Shaw Direct for easy step-by-step instructions on how to refresh your receiver. Don't have My Shaw Direct yet? Get Shaw ID today!