Did You Know?Upon returning from your seasonal break, if you see a message such as: “Your authorization has expired” or “A subscription is required” on your TV, you will need to refresh your receiver.
Learn more: How to refresh your receiver
What is a Seasonal Break?
Seasonal Break benefits
- You don't have to pay for your services while you're on vacation.
- A seasonal break is a no cost service.
- Your services are automatically reconnected for you on a date of your choosing.
Eligibility and guidelines
- Your services must be suspended for a minimum of 14 days, but no more than 180 days (6 months).
- You can only have your services suspended for a maximum of 180 days per 12 months.
- An automatic reconnection date must be provided.
- The balance on the account cannot be overdue - requests will not be processed until the account is paid in full.
- Promotional discounts and any grandfathered programming packages will not be re-added upon reconnection.
- Seasonal Break requests made online require a minimum of 24 hours advance notice.
- If you need to request an immediate Seasonal Break or for changes to your existing Seasonal Break, please chat with us online.
How to schedule your Seasonal Break
- Click here to login to My Shaw Direct. Don't have My Shaw Direct, yet? Create a Shaw ID today.
- Click on TV on the left and scroll down to the Seasonal Break box.
- Choose your start date (start date cannot be today’s date nor can it occur in the past).
- Choose your reconnection date (cannot be under 14 days or over 180 days).
- Click Next.
Once submitted, you will receive the following message confirming the dates that you have selected.
You should receive a confirmation email regarding your seasonal break being processed.
Seasonal Break technical support
On the date your services are scheduled to be reconnected:
- Make sure your receiver and TV are plugged in and turned on.
- Go to a channel you like to watch.
- If you see a TV show, you're all set.
If you have a signal, but see one of these messages "Your authorization has expired" or "A subscription is required" on your TV screen, visit My Shaw Direct for easy step-by-step instructions on how to refresh your receiver. Don't have My Shaw Direct yet? Get Shaw ID today!